The decision to adopt across racial/cultural lines is a lifelong commitment to exploring matters of race, confronting racism in all its forms and constantly developing new skills and aptitudes. This workshop will provide information, tools, and resources to create a sense of hope as parents explore their, future as a transracial family. This workshop is appropriate for adoptive parents, waiting parents, and professionals.
This four hour workshop “A History” on Transracial Adoption, will cover…
- A HISTORY of transracial adoption in the United States
- Evaluating FEDERAL LAWS that inform our adoption practices today
- Exploring whether Transracial Adoption is right for your family. If so, now what?
- The difference between CULTURAL AWARENESS and CULTURAL COMPETENCE
- How to IDENTIFY RACIAL BARRIERS.
PRESENTED BY: Astrid Castro (see BIO)
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
DATE/TIME: Sunday, October 7, 2018
COST: $60 individual, $90 couple
To book your own “Transracial Adoption: Part One” workshop for your organization or community, contact us today!
Contact Astrid Castro with questions. 971.533.1231 astrid@AstridCastroConsulting.com
Cancellation Policy – 14 days prior to the event: full refund, 13-7 days: transfer funds to another workshop, 6 days or less: no refund.