The decision to adopt across racial/cultural lines is a lifelong commitment to exploring matters of race, confronting racism in all its forms and constantly developing new skills and aptitudes. This workshop will provide information, tools, and resources to create a sense of hope as parents explore their, future as a transracial family. This workshop is appropriate for adoptive parents, waiting parents, and professionals
- Our own biases and hesitations when talking about race and racism
- The role race and racism play in your family and community
- Terms such as racism, white identity, internalized racism, racial pride (to name just a few)
- Types of racism from Overt to Institutional Racism and everything in between
- What being a race ally REALLY means as a parent of a POC (person of color)
PRESENTED BY: Astrid Castro (see BIO)
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
DATE/TIME: Sunday, February 3rd, 2019. 1-5pm
COST: $60 individual, $90 couple
To book your own “Race and Racism: Talking With Children” workshop for your organization or community, contact us today!
Contact Astrid Castro with questions. 971.533.1231 astrid@AstridCastroConsulting.com
Cancellation Policy: 14 Days prior to the event: Full Refund, 13-7 Days: transfer funds to another workshop. 6 DAYS OR LESS: No Refund.